Road & Vehicle Safety Program 8-12 Years.
This program is currently subsidised by Logan City Council. All Educational Facilities in Gold Coast and Logan City are eligible to participate for less than cost at just $7 while funding is available.
This program is modeled on the Road and Vehicle Safety Community Program for Early Childhood/Lower Primary, but we've modified the content, approach and language to ensure it's age appropriateness for 8-12 years old's. It's all about giving kids increased awareness, education and an active role in their own safety, and encouraging them to act as Community Educators. Together, we're fostering a safer, smarter next generation.
Now supported by Logan City Council, you can access this complete program at cost for just $7 per child including
- Lifesaving Curriculum delivered by our Super Hero
- Free Take Home Safety Resources
- Follow Up Curriculum Support Materials for parents and teachers, and
- 2 Free Super Hero Visits.
We spend time with each group of kids within your organisation, to ensure everyone gets the most out of our programs.
Our programs are created to encourage kids to become Community Educators, so we show them how they can each help to educate peers, family and communities and play an active role in their own safety, as well as the safety of others. We believe our kids are the key to meaningful education and in fostering a safer, smarter next generation, so we give them authority to speak and act appropriately regarding safety and well being and we introduce them to appropriate concepts and language needed to chat to peers, parents, guardians and community members.
We want our kids to value safety and well-being and be able to speak up and play an active role in their own safety as well as the safety of others. Our programs are helping to make safety The thing to do, and letting kids know that everyone plays a role in Road and Vehicle Safety.
What Topics Are Covered? We cover what we believe are the main key Road and Vehicle Safety Factors including:
- Distracted Driving
- Appropriate Behaviour in Cars
- Speed Limits
- School Zones
- Safe Vehicle Entry and Exit
- Seat Belts, Child Restraints and Sitting in the Front Car Seat
- Being Aware of All road users, including pedestrians, bikes, motor cycles, buses, trucks etc.
- Roads, Car Parks, Driveways are Not Safe Places To Play
- Driveway and Garage Danger Around The Home
- Safe Spot on Your Car (rear passenger side)
- Getting in and out of the Safe Door in any car
- Crossing The Road (how to and how not to)
- Around Cars and Roads, Hold an Adults Hand or Stay Close
- Watching out for younger siblings and children
- Around Cars and Road you should Walking Not Run
- Development of Peripheral Vision (looking by turning head)
- Around Cars and Roads you need a Safe Spot to Stop, Look, Listen, Think
- Kids as Community Educators (language to use when communicating with peers and adults and how to play an active role)
- Reminding Adults About Safety
- Talking with Peers and Community Members about Safety and Well-being