Road & Vehicle Safety - Early Childhood
This program is currently subsidised by Logan City Council. All Educational Facilities in Gold Coast and Logan City are eligible to participate for less than cost at just $7 while funding is available.
Our programs are created to encourage kids to become Community Educators, so we show them how they can each help to educate peers, family and communities and play an active role in their own safety, as well as the safety of others. We believe our kids are the key to meaningful education and in fostering a safer, smarter next generation, so we give them authority to speak and act accordingly, and we introduce them to appropriate articulation needed to chat to peers, parents, guardians and community members about safety and well-being.
Our Road and Vehicle Safety Community Program was developed to encourage our kids to value safety and well-being, and help them speak up and play an active role in their own safety and the safety of others. Our programs are helping make safety become the thing to do, and we're letting people know that everyone plays a role in safety and well-being.
This Program Includes 2 Free Super Hero Visits AND Take Home Safe Spot Vehicle Magnet.
Our Hero visits each classroom respectively within your organisation, to ensure the groups aren't too crowded so everyone gets the most out of our programs.
What Topics Are Covered? We cover what we believe are the main key Road and Vehicle Safety Factors including:
- Distracted Driving
- Appropriate Behaviour in Cars
- Speed Limits
- School Zones
- Safe Vehicle Entry and Exit
- Seat Belts, Child Restraints and Sitting in the Front Car Seat
- Being Aware of All road users, including pedestrians, bikes, motor cycles, buses, trucks etc.
- Roads, Car Parks, Driveways are Not Safe Places To Play
- Driveway and Garage Danger Around The Home
- Safe Spot on Your Car (rear passenger side)
- Getting in and out of the Safe Door in any car
- Crossing The Road (how to and how not to)
- Around Cars and Roads, Hold an Adults Hand or Stay Close
- Around Cars and Road you should Walking Not Run
- Development of Peripheral Vision (looking by turning head)
- Around Cars and Roads you need a Safe Spot to Stop, Look, Listen, Think
- Kids as Community Educators (language to use when communicating with peers and adults and how to play an active role)
- Reminding Adults About Safety